Sunday, July 18, 2010

I needed to be reminded...

A lot of crazy things have happened this week. To sum up, the best part of our week was getting stuck in the mud. A lot of random things just seemed to be piling up and to be honest I was pretty frustrated by the weekend. I was doing my Bible study this morning…I’m working through Romans and one of the verses I studied today was Romans 1:17, which cross-referenced Hebrews 10:38-39 which says:

“But My righteous one shall live by faith; and if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him. But we are not of those who shrink back to destruction, but of those who have faith to the preserving of the soul.” Yikes. The phrase "shrink back" made me cringe a little. He reminded me that part of being one of His is walking by faith and not certainty and that when opposition comes, that’s our opportunity to cling to Him and face it head-on.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, I love this post, and your picture with H-Mama above! Just gives me warm, fuzzy feelings, and I miss you.
    Ethan shared your last e-mail with us, and I was so excited that your BCCC e-mail is back in action...got all prepared to write you a nice chatty letter, and realized that my e-mail is on the blink. I can receive, but cannot send...so, here I am...chatting on your blog.
    We are doing a great study of Revelation in Growth Group. Ethan is doing a great job in our group.
    My word for this week has been ENIGMA. I think this has a lot to do with our Revelation study, but I am also beginning to see it as a snapshot of my life. There are usually several facets to anything the LORD gives me...once again HE didn't disappoint me!
    I'll write more when I get my e-mail fixed. I love you!
    Blessings & Hope to you,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete