Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

I know it’s a little early for this post, but if you know me you know that I’ve been listening to Christmas music for weeks now anyway, so really a Christmas blog shouldn’t surprise you that much. One night earlier this week Abby, Sarah, and I decorated for Christmas. Our duplex-mates are going to be in America for the holidays, so guess who gets to borrow all their stuff including a Christmas tree! We had so much fun putting everything up. The thermometer in our house said it was 96 degrees and we were sweating pretty profusely, but at least it was starting to LOOK like Christmas even if it didn’t so much FEEL like it yet :)

AND oh my goodness. Yesterday I picked up my Christmas “package” from my church family at Bear Creek Community Church in Cresson, Texas. I say “package” in quotation marks because this sucker was, in fact, an enormous trunk full of fantasticness. When the men at the airport found the trunk, they weren’t sure if it was mine (and neither was I) because some of the numbers and my name had rubbed off, so they opened it up and I think the air freight handlers were pretty jealous. As Abby said, “That is one big box of happiness.” It was absolutely FULL of American food/candy/coffee, health & beauty products (you should see all this nail polish), journals, jewelry, Christmas music (yay!), Christmas decorations, and more stuff than I ever could have imagined. And check out this awesomeness…it had a ton of WRAPPED Christmas presents so now we have presents under our tree! Thank you so much, Bear Creek family. I love you and miss you so much that there are tears in my eyes right now.

2 comments:

  1. So, I don't need to bring any finger nail polish with me when we come back? So glad ya'll are using the tree. Love and miss you girls like crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad you got it!! I couldn't even list all the people who were involved in sending you your Christmas package! I hope that everything blesses you beyond measure and that it will bring you some comforts of home :) We love you!!!

    ReplyDelete