Monday, December 12, 2011

Milestone

My teammate, Sarah, returned to America at the end of her term in mid-October.  I knew I would miss her, but it's just crazy when you spend literally 24/7 with a person for 18 months straight.  It took a few days before I could convince myself that she wasn't coming back.

Well, when Sarah left, it provided a good milestone for Abby and I to take a step back from our work, evaluate where we're at, pray about our next steps, and strategize for the next few months (our terms end at the end of January).  Long story short, Abby and I felt God leading us to make some (ridiculously lofty) goals to finish our Story Set.  As we discussed tasks and due dates, I just stared at her as I had this internal conversation with God.  I told Him that I knew He was wanting us to set these goals, but that they were ridiculous and impossible.  Why don't we set some more...logical...goals?  More realistic.  God promptly reminded me that if we set Abby & Michelle sized goals then Abby & Michelle would get the glory.  He also reminded me that He created logic.  Not discovered, not defined, but created it.  And therefore exists outside of it and is not bound by its limitations.  So, we set the God-given, God-sized, ridiculously lofty, and humanly impossible goals.  And guess what...He has already been meeting those goals.  Abby and I both felt like God never promised that we would definitely finish...but we KNOW that He has told us to try with everything we've got.

No comments:

Post a Comment