Friday, September 27, 2013

The Last Month, Part 13: Whirlwind Ending


Brad, Nick, & Abby were in our makeshift studio recording one Story right after the other.  It seemed crazy.  It was going so, so fast.  We had no idea it would go that fast.  I sat in the living room at our table...still feverishly updating Excel documents, sending them to Nafi, getting her approval, and telling Abby & Nick what they needed to know.  They were going so fast that at one point they were recording the Story right before the one I was working on.  I kind of started to freak out.  I told God:  This is too fast, I'm having to think too fast, it's so fast I'm afraid I'll mess something up.  Annnnd He pretty much said back to me:  It's not too fast for Me.  I got goosebumps at that point.  I mean, it's His Word...He determined the words in the first place and He CERTAINLY knows how it needs to be said in Sunny.  I just did my best to stay out of His way.

Internet was going in and out and we were bracing ourselves for the event that the electricity might go off.  At one point on January 25, our last chance to finish, I hadn't heard back from Nafi about the last 2 Stories.  I was going nuts!  Finally I texted her and she texted back:  Just come open your gate.  I walked outside and across our driveway to our gate.  When I opened it, there were Nafi and Rita!!  Standing there with root beer from America, ready to celebrate!  They came in and found Nick & Abby  and pretty much wanted to party.  Nafi signed off on what we had left, Nick recorded the rest of the Stories, and we sat back and marveled at what the Lord had done.  That whole last month was as if God had said, "Alright girls, stand back and watch what I can do."

1 comment: