Monday, October 7, 2013

Dreams

When I was at training a few years ago before I moved to Mali, I was encouraged to pray something for my people that (honestly) kind of weirded me out at the time.  I'd never really been out of the country before...so even though I knew that there were people out there with different worldviews than me, I'd never experienced it.  We learned that there are a lot of other cultures who believe God clearly speaks to them through dreams and visions.  So we were encouraged to pray that our people group would have dreams and visions about J-sus.  So like I said, it did weird me out just a smidge.  But then it happened!

There was a lady that we befriended while we were here.  She was pretty interested in learning more about the J-sus Road and Abby & another girl went by her house to practice telling her a Story during a training.  She told them that she had had a dream that 2 foreign women came to tell her about J-sus.  When Abby asked her about the dream, the woman said that it happened just as things were happening now.  They were sitting in the same place, talking about the same things.  She really seemed to take that as a sign from God and she ended up helping us test our Stories up until she left the country.  So now I'm a pretty firm believer that this is the way some people groups hear from God.  After all, He knows how to really get our attention as individuals.  He knows what makes us tick.  He knows what breaks our hearts and He knows what excites us.  So He definitely knows how to communicate with us in a way that will be meaningful.  And I believe that He often sends dreams and visions to people in order to prepare them for His message.

And that is just what we're praying for Bryan, our back-translator right now.  He is so close to finding the J-sus Road.  He has studied the B-ble and he has heard our Stories (in great detail!).  We have had many, many conversations with him.  

We found out last night that he stopped "pra-ing" a few months ago (as in, he has stopped participating in the Mslm prayers).  Since he stopped, he has had two dreams that Jesus came to visit him.  In the first dream J-sus was looking at him and Bryan waved.  In the second dream Bryan was studying the B-ble and J-sus came over and wanted to help him understand it, but Bryan refused.  Nafi challenged him last night to sit down and ask God to show him what is true.  Please pray for him!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your updates. So exciting that you are continuing the work that was started previously.

    ReplyDelete