Thursday, October 3, 2013

New clothes...

Obviously there are LOTS of reasons that I'm excited to go to Mali.  But one of them is that I get new clothes.  Actually...it's kind of embarrassing.  Well, now that I think about it it's really embarrassing and I should probably talk myself out of posting this, but I'm probably going to anyway.  I was Skyping with Nafi (our supervisor) the other day and I told her I had an issue.  My issue is that I only brought home two Malian outfits with me.  And even though the vast majority of the time, Malian outfits are big flowy shirts and wrap skirts...I brought home two outfits that were a little tight to begin with.  And well, I've gained weight since being back in America.  At this point, Nafi says, "Oh, America.  You taste so good."  I said, "I know!!  It's killing me.  I have to keep trying to convince myself that Chick-Fil-A and Mexican food will still be there next week."  I'll work on that when I get back.  But for now, Nafi's getting me new clothes.  Which means she went and bought me fabric and then took it to the tailor and told him to make me some outfits.  I'm sure I'll hear all about how "healthy" I am and how good America must be to me.  I gotta start Doing Sport again.  (That was for you, Ash!)

No comments:

Post a Comment