Sunday, May 9, 2010

New Poop...

…these are the 2 words I yelled when I walked into my bedroom for the first time after being out of town for 8 days. As you know, we have been having problems with mice. We did catch one with a trap, though! It took several tries because apparently the traps aren’t that sensitive and we kept finding empty traps with the food missing…but we finally got one!!! We tricked it by putting jelly on the trap. Sarah figured that with bread, it was pretty easy to snatch without setting the trap off. But with jelly, the mouse would have to stand there and lick it for a while…meaning more of a chance for that sucker to snap. I know…we’re becoming critter-catching geniuses. And I know what you’re thinking: cheese is the obvious mousetrap bait. But cheese is REALLY expensive here and we refuse to waste it on mice.

Well, what I found on my bedroom floor today was poop we’ve never seen before. And, unfortunately, it was much larger than the mouse poop we’ve been spotting. The only other critters we’ve seen in the house are lizards and frogs…neither of which could poop this big. I mean, it wasn’t giant or anything, but significantly larger than the mouse poop. Sooooo, we’re afraid we’ve got some rather large rats on our hands. I went around my room kicking everything that was on the floor. I mean there’s not that many places they could be hiding. Then I swept the two little pooplets out of my room and swept the rest of the house. Then I went back into my room and there was ANOTHER NEW POOP…right in my doorway. It’s as if the mystery pooper is just trying to taunt me.

I am really sorry for you that my life has taken a turn that necessitates blogging about animal poop. I promise not to dwell here, but you should know that I will probably update you on the identity of the mystery pooper and whether or not we catch him.

7 comments:

  1. If peanut butter is not too expensive-try that. It always worked for Granma Bea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After you catch him ... grill him on the new grill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me hooked. I definitely will need to know if the monster is caught and killed. Ga-ross! We miss and love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be waiting to hear who the Giant Pooper is...We're with Randy...Catch it and grill it! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love hearing about your adventures and really LOVE the closeness you're experiencing with our Lord. You are amazing - and funny!!!

    Keep up the blogging! Love you and miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DO YOU NEED A RAT TRAP? OF COURSE BY THE TIME YOU GET IT HOPEFULLY YOUR MYSTERY GUEST WILL LONG GONE. SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE ENJOYING EVERYTHING ELSE. I KNOW ABBY IS HAPPY YOU ARE THERE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ewww...Oh my goodness it would be hard for me to sleep. Good luck catching it and I wanna know what he is!!!

    ReplyDelete