Monday, June 14, 2010

One Struggly Day

This entry was also in my May update, but I just wanted to make sure everyone knew how faithful God has been to teach me, guide me, hold me up...and just be here.

Total dependence seems to be what God is teaching me so far in Africa. Every single day I tell Him that I can’t and every single day He reminds me that He can. It is the most comforting and reassuring thought and I am so thankful that I can rest in knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that it’s true. Even knowing that, though, I still struggle a lot. One particularly struggly day during my time with God, I started off by telling Him all of the things that are so hard. He promptly reminded me that that’s HOW He’s teaching me total dependence on Him.

Then I read some Scripture. I don’t even remember what passage it was, but it spoke to me and I was thanking God for the truth of His Word, which got me to thinking about how amazing His Word really is. THEN I got really overwhelmed and stressed out by the fact that in just a few short months, Abby, Sarah, and I will basically BE the Bible to the Sunny people. They won’t have a copy of it in their language and even if they did, the vast majority of them wouldn’t be able to read it. God sent us here to proclaim His Truth with our mouths. It’s such an enormous privilege, but it also bears enormous responsibility! Like I said, I’d gotten pretty overwhelmed and asked God how in the WORLD we were going to do that effectively, in a crazy language, and most importantly…without compromising one single bit of His Word. And He said…that's WHY I’m teaching you total dependence on Me. And that’s why He’s God and I’m not.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,
    i am so proud of you. The breaking process is never easy (not even for those of us who love you who are watching from afar) but it will all make sense at the end; when you are able to look back and see all that God accomplished through you.

    I love you - Alicia

    ReplyDelete