Thursday, May 6, 2010

Water Bottles

So this post is just about the fact that my life now seems to revolve around water bottles. At our house in G-Vegas, we have 2 stainless steel drum water filters. I don't know how much they hold, but they're big. And our lives consist of constantly refilling the filters, filling up about 30 old 1.5 liter water bottles, putting some in the fridge, putting some in the freezer, and making sure we have a cooler full of them whenever we go anywhere. I thought moving to Africa would be moving to a simpler life...nope! It is so high-maintenance to live here. We literally plan things around and according to the water bottles.

In other water-related news...I finally tried brushing my teeth with the faucet water and guess what, no digestive repercussions...so far so good, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. You're getting mighty brave---

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about water here!! Who would have thought?

    ReplyDelete
  3. we've been here for over a year now...brushing our teeth with the faucet water, no issues yet. Well, none that we think are related to the faucet water ;~)

    ReplyDelete